Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hobbies...

So some people have hobbies like scrapbooking, or taking pictures, but mine is cake decorating. I love doing it! This past weekend my nephew Everett and niece Jordyn had a pirate birthday party and Amber asked me to do the cake. I've made a few cakes before but this one has been my favorite. When we were looking at cake pans I kinda got nervous about this one but with the help of my mom it turned out pretty cute! So if anyone has a birthday party comin up I'd love to make a cake!!! I would like some more practice. It has always been a fun memory I have of my mom making all of us kids cakes. I hope my kids will enjoy them as much as I did.

5 comments:

Chels Allred said...

cute cake amber!! what an awesome talent! btw its nice running into you at the salon from time to time!

Alli Waldron said...

Well I guess I couldn't wait forever for you to comment on my blog so I found yours myself.

I already told you freaking cute I think your cake is so I won't tell you again, but you really do have a talent!

Amy said...

I am impressed with you talent! I scrapbook, but this is WAY BEYOND my capabilities!!! Your blog is cute - I am glad that you started one :) We really need to get together more than just at Bunko!

Chrissy said...

That cake turned out super cute!!

Tara said...

Ok.. who knew one say you'd start cake decorating a just HAVE IT!! I mean.. arent you suppose to have a few screw ups before your soo dang good!! I definately need to get you to make a cake for my boys one day... I LOVE IT!!