Monday, March 16, 2009

"I'm a big kid now!"













So my mom has been telling me to feed Mavrik rice cereal for a while now but the paranoid mom I am wanted to wait for the doctor to give me the okay and he did. I was so excited to feed him something other than me!! So this weekend I went to Target to get him some rice cereal and some spoons to feed him with and had no idea what I was looking at. I thought it would be easy but of course there were 50 different kinds of cereal and 10 different packs of spoons. Well I grabbed 2 different types of spoons to see what would work and decided to ask for some help on the cereal. There were 2 different ladies in the same aisle with older kids so I thought I'd just ask them what I would get and it would be easy right? WRONG! One of the ladies asked how old he was and then scolded me for feeding him rice cereal already. She was like "that's way too early!! You need to breast-feed him way longer... blah blah!" Then she starts going on about some natural website thing I need to go to. Well then the other lady was like "it's not too early! I'm a nurse! Buy him this kind, do this, do that!" Well then the other lady interrupts her and starts arguing with her. After awhile I was like "OK! Thanks for your help!" So I just walked to a different section and waited for them to both leave. I did NOT want to be in the middle of that. Well I bought what I thought would work and it did! My kid LOVED it! I had heard from a few people that it was gonna be hard to get him to take it from a spoon but it really wasn't. Of course it was a mess but everytime my mom would put the spoon to his mouth he would open it and gobble it all up. Then when my mom would take a break and put the spoon down he started throwing his arms and kicking his legs like "what are you waiting for Lady? I'm ready!!" It was really funny! I just can't believe he is already so big and eating from a spoon!!

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Lucky you!! None of my kids liked cereal!!:)