Sunday, March 22, 2009

I FINALLY DID IT!

So I know I posted about this before but I love decorating cakes! So far I've only learned how to do old school star cakes. I love them and think they look cooler but they aren't as "HIP" as the fondant cakes you see people making these days. Real quick if you haven't seen the show Ace of Cakes I really recommend watching it. I love that show. Anyways, back to what I was saying I've been wanting to TRY (keyword try) to learn how to use fondant. Michael's has some classes but until I can get this kid on a bottle I'm gonna have to skip those for now. So instead, I went to Michael's and bought a kit to try to teach myself. Didn't work out so good! Here's how it turned out! Keep in mind I'm just a beginner...

As you can tell I have lots more practice ahead of me but it was pretty fun!
So I've been doing weightwatchers with all of my in-law sisters and mom but this cake thing really doesn't help me out with that. For some wierd reason half of the frosting ends up in my mouth!! Really bad! And when it's colored it's really hard to hide the evidence! As you can tell in the picture it doesn't ONLY end up in my mouth but all over my face!


Last but not least! THE MESS! I'm sure not everybody is like this but when I make a cake I also make a mess!! Here is some proof!

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

What are you talking about!? It looks awesome!! And to think you are only going to get better!:)

Amy said...

Amber it looks great!!! I am so jealous - I am not a cake decorator AT ALL!

Chels Allred said...

I think it is too cute that you enjoy baking cakes! You are really talented!